Saturday, February 14, 2009

How could I miss it?

How could I miss my favorite holiday?--next to Christmas that is! I absolutely love Valentine's Day! Maybe it's all the "red" you see everywhere--it just makes me happy! I decorated at the antique shop (On The Square Antiques, Troy, AL) beginning right after Christmas! Red tulle wrapped around red Christmas lights set the scene. I love vintage holiday decorations--unfortunately those that I find for resale often never end up at the shop--they are just added to my collection!
This cabinet was salvaged from the dumpster. Missing a drawer only added to its charm. I painted and distressed the piece. Shown here as a buffet or sideboard it can also be used as a dresser or chest of drawers.

Raggedy Ann sits patiently waiting for a friend. This child size bench has been painted and the cushion covered in a children's toile. The seat lifts conveniently and toys may be stored beneath.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails