Sunday, March 25, 2012

Repurpose. . .

a new word. . .a new way of thinking. . .(in reality) a way to dispose of junk/trash.
My sister in law has always been a scavenger. . .and she has uncovered some great "finds". . .but then there are those things that she's found that you want to burn or bury in the sand.   She called one day last year and told me she had found a chest of drawers. . ."a really old one". . .and she was dropping it off on the way to the beach.  I was so excited!  I knew I'd have it painted in 2 days and at the antique shop ready for sale.  Unfortunately she failed to mention that the chest of drawers was in 25 pieces and that the drawers would have to be reassembled. . .gluing furniture has never worked well for me. So the pieces sat for about a year. . .then last week I "repurposed" them. . .signs from reclaimed wood.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails